Organic farming refers to how a farmer nurtures his land – basically, how he uses time worn practices that encourage soil and water conservation and reduces pollution instead of resorting to chemicals enhancement.
So what makes an Organic Egg -Organic?
Well, it is all up to the relationship the farmer has with his chickens. How does he do this?
First, organic chickens are fed only organic feed grown by certified organic farmers. The chickens live cage – free and have access to the outdoors, they are not given antibiotics except in an emergency cases and finally, the birds enjoy the highest level of animal welfare standards.
Why should we eat organic eggs over store-bought eggs?
Anyone who has ever tried an organic egg will tell you they taste great especially in the springtime. However behind the flavor, they are also packed with more nutritional value than any mass-produced egg.
For example, they have:
- 2 to 3 times more vitamin A
- 4 to 6 times more vitamin D
- 3 times more vitamin E
- 7 times more carotene and
- 2 times more omega 3
- High protein content
- Excellent source of Vitamin B
- Higher in Lutein, an antioxidant found in the yolks
- Higher in Zeaxanthin, a nutrient valuable to eye health
- Higher in selenium, an important vitamin that helps to prevent prostate cancer and if that is not enough reason, they are also higher in Folic Acid, which is important for cell growth especially for moms and babies.
The next question is — Where can you get point of lay birds that will produce organic eggs?
The best place and one that is fun to visit is AgrikAce.
You can book now to enjoy the promo!